WorkingGroupLink is on a mission to change how investment banks execute transactions. Our platform powers the handling of some of the largest and most high profile mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings and debt offerings globally. Our customers are the world’s leading financial institutions.
Our customers don’t trust a lot of external organizations to help them do business. The reason they trust us is because we have great people. Our team is highly educated, dedicated, and empathetic. Our end users are highly driven people, and so are we.
WorkingGroupLink is seeking someone to ensure that our customers are having an excellent experience with our software. To date our executive and engineering teams have been sharing responsibility for success and support, but our continued growth calls for someone dedicated to the role. We expect to divide the success and support functions - and build out both teams - in the medium term, at which point the person we hire today will have a leadership role over one or the other, or both.
If you are motivated to help smart customers and influence product direction, we want to hear from you! Bring your ambition and energy, and we will give you a chance to flourish and grow with us.
As Customer Success and Support Manager, you have the most important job at WorkingGroupLink. You will become an expert on the WorkingGroupLink platform, work to ensure that our customers can’t live without our software, and thank their lucky stars that they have us, and you, by their side, in the trenches. You will provide indescribably valuable feedback and guidance to our CEO - to whom you will report directly - and VP of Engineering. The ideal candidate is highly personable, enjoys interacting with customers, and takes enormous pride in his or her work. As the position is remote (we are headquartered in San Francisco but you will sit in NYC), you are a self-starter who sees things through to completion, quickly and without exception.
- Priority #1: Make sure our customers are happy!
- Priority #2: There is no Priority #2. We’re kidding, sort of, as you will also:
- Monitor customer utilization, engagement, and satisfaction
- Cover the support line and email, working with engineering to quickly and fully resolve all support tickets and make product fixes that will eliminate recurring problems (if any)
- Build relationships with current and prospective end users at our customer organizations
- Visit current and prospective users onsite in their offices, on a regular basis (several times / week) to discover in person their needs and how we can improve our application to make their lives easier
- Proactively - and persistently - schedule calls and meetings (onsite or in social settings) with busy professionals, to create and expand our “mindshare” and convey that their success = our success
- Work with our executive team to improve our customer support and success functions
- Be a customer and company champion!
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Two or more years of experience in investment banking, or in a customer success and support role at a growth-stage software company
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- A track record of working with highly educated and exacting professionals, in person
- The ability to work in a flexible, unstructured, and entrepreneurial environment, without close oversight
- Pride of ownership in your work, and empathy for customers who work under tremendous pressure
- Experience with ZenDesk, or a demonstrated ability to quickly master previously unfamiliar software interfaces
- Willingness and ability to do periodic after-hours work, in the form of help desk coverage or pre- / post-work meetings with customers
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity grant
- An annual bonus tied to customer engagement and satisfaction metrics
- Generous vacation time (we’re too busy to keep track…)
- Work from home or a cool co-working space (help us find one)
WorkingGroupLink is a vertical-specific SaaS company, providing an innovative collaboration tool to the global investment banking industry. Our customers are the leading capital markets and merger & acquisition advisory firms in the world. They use our software to execute large (average size: $150 million), sensitive, and often high profile financial transactions. We are the first mover in our large and growing space, are leveraging 12+ years of invaluable domain expertise, and singularly focused on becoming the winner in a winner-take-all market. Join us!