We’re always looking for skilled engineers who are eager to solve problems, collaborate with team members, and work on a Rails and Angular-based SaaS application.
The team is small, nimble, highly skilled and collaborative. We are working to deliver innovative SaaS software to simplify our customers business process challenges. We practice code-based prototyping, test-driven CI, and pull request code reviews (ticket tracking, acceptance testing, etc.) to produce high-quality code and improve our products.
Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator in both technical and business process discussions. You are a self-starter with an attention to detail and the persistence to troubleshoot and solve challenging bugs. Since we are a startup, our engineers do more than just code. You also need the ability to prioritize tasks, prepare a quick spec, ask for input or help, and update ticket status on the way to building something new.
To apply for this position please send a resume, LinkedIn profile, and at least one code sample on GitHub or similar to admin [at] workinggrouplink.com (no recruiters please).
- Develop programmatic solutions to business problems, and automate business processes
- Take ownership of tickets and product features from development through deployment
- Be ready to learn new languages, tools, and systems quickly, and be able to communicate challenges and ask for help regularly
- Deploy quality code, write tests, and learn from mistakes to build a better system and improve your skills
- Contribute ideas, research, and knowledge to increase your and the broader team’s skills
- Actively participate or lead team meetings, mentor and be mentored
- Work directly with CEO and VP of Engineering to estimate, size, and scope work
- We’re looking for office space right now: Help us to decide on a great location in Portland!
- 3+ years experience in Ruby, Node/Cordova, or Angular/React.js application development
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related STEM field would be preferred
- 3+ years working on a professional software development team
- Knowledge of service-based application architecture, with the ability to explain positives & negatives of microservices
- Experience using distributed code repositories (git, Mercurial) in a team environment or a large open source project
- Experience with commit-based code reviews
- Prior experience supporting multiple browsers, operating systems and devices
- Prior development of a RESTful API
- Prior experience with OAuth 2 and SAML (preferred)
- Prior experience with Chef and/or AWS (preferred)
- Ability to lift 800-pounds and jump rivers full of alligators, or have done so in that one game
WorkingGroupLink is a vertical-specific SaaS company, providing an innovative collaboration tool to the global investment banking industry. Our customers are the leading capital markets and merger & acquisition advisory firms in the world. They use our software to execute large (average size: $150 million), sensitive, and often high profile financial transactions. We are the first mover in our large and growing space, are leveraging 12+ years of invaluable domain expertise, and singularly focused on becoming the winner in a winner-take-all market. Join us!